Wednesday, October 3, 2007

May I suggest


Okay, so I don't normally get a chance to read much besides my Anatomy book these days, but over the weekend (Actually Monday during a car ride and plane ride) I finished a great book. It is Cankered Roots by G.G. Vandagriff. It is a mystery novel based on geneaology. While I am usually not a mystery novel reader, this book held my interest very well and the storyline was constantly keeping me wondering. It is actually the first book in a 3 book series. I had to read it quick because my sister borrowed it from her sisterinlaw in Michigan who needed it back. Needless to say, the day after arriving home I was online looking for my own copy and the next book in the set. I will soon have the full set of three if anyone is interested.
Here is a synopsis of the book from the authors website .
Alex reunites with her parents for the first time in eighteen years, and the result is murder! In order to solve it, she and Briggie have to uncover the secrets in her own family tree, discovering in the process why she was sent away to Paris at age eighteen. A recent convert to the LDS church, she is still grieving over the death of her husband, but is powerfully attracted to Daniel Grinnell, a psychotherapist who knows just a little too much about her for comfort.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I've read other books like these--they are pretty neat!