Thursday, May 8, 2008

Twofer Tuesday

Sorry ladies. I am in the last days of my semester and I have felt totally out of control so TMT fell a little behind. I have both weeks posted here though to catch back up.




May 6, 2008 Tell me Tuesday












So, you ask what a think of the Miley Cyrus picture in Vanity Fair.







This picture should not be making national headlines and dominating our discussions. This wasn't a provocative photo taken by Miley and posted on some website for everyone to gawk at. Annie Lebowitz is a renowned photographer and the shots that she took of Miley are simply meant to be art. If the firestorm stirred up by the media had never begun, I doubt very much that most of the girls that idolize her would even have seen the picture. How many tween girls do you know that read Vanity Fair? Below is the actual photo and another photo taken on the set. If you want my personal opinion, I think they photo shopped the image they used because she is not nearly as uncovered in the picture during the photo session and she doesn't look nearly so pale either.








Second, this is not the worst thing she could have done. She was not out drinking and driving. She was not arrested with drugs. She is not pregnant. She simply in her professional life snapped shots for an article. I'm pretty sure I can go to the mall on any given day and find at least a hundred girls who have less clothes on then she did in that photo. They are dressing to get men's attention. Not the intention of this photo at all. In fact, some prom dresses have lower backs and cover less skin than the sheet she was holding.




Miley Cyrus is definitely still someone that I will have no problem letting my daughter look up to. But with everything in this world it has to be done with parental guidance especially since very little of what we see in the world lives up to the high standards I set for my own children.



My real question for everyone would be........ Do you have a photo stashed somewhere that you would be embarrassed if it were flashed on the front of a magazine for everyone to see?







Tell Me Tueday- April 29th



Baskin Robins 31 Flavors, what is your favorite: Chocolate or Cherry Chocolate Chip.


31 Simple Pleasures:


1. The smell of spring in the air

2. clean sheets

3. DVR


4. hot chocolate

5. Any kind of chocolate

6. Funnel cakes

7. sleeping in

8. email in your inbox

9. children's laughter

10. folded laundry

11. large vanilla cone dipped in chocolate

12. finished scrapbooks

13. new socks

14. digital cameras

15. debit cards



16. New episodes of favorite TV shows


17. long walks


18. date nights


19. a sharpened pencil with an eraser


20. a good sale at Kohl's

21. a good sale anywhere

22. chicken salad sandwich and potato soup from Panera

23. Doubel stuff Oreos in milk

24. family get togethers

25. hugs and kisses at bedtime

26. BEDTIME

27. fresh mowed lawns

28. the smell of lilacs

29. campfires with smores

30. trips to the temple

31. Showcase in MN







My favorite of these simple pleasures right now is the large vanilla cone dipped in chocolate. Growing up in a small town, there was a local ice cream shop and I this was my favorite even then. Well, I've recently discovered the Dairy Hut in town and in the last 3 weeks I've probably had 3, not including the medium I settled for when I only had enough money on me for that size. It is so fun to eat away the chocolate coating and get to the creamy vanilla ice cream inside. And just about the time you think you can't eat anymore you get to the cone and it tastes so yummy that you can't stop. Before you know it, the whole thing is gone and you swear you'll get a small next time. The only problem is, you can't convince yourself the next time, not to order the large because it really is the "best value". I know, I'll never fit it that itty bitty teeny weeny bikini at this rate. Luckily, that place is only open for the summer!

No comments: