Friday, June 6, 2008

Summer Days

Well, it didn't take us long to enjoy the freedom of no schedules and no commitments.


The boys got out early for their last day of school. We ate lunch and decided to head out to the park. Every kid had a bike and I walked close behind. We arrived at the park in the heat of the afternoon and stayed for about an hour. The kids had a blast and were ready to go and get some cold water and ice cream.


We arrived home after a little whining about how hot it was and why did we have to go so far to go to the park; next time lets drive mom. Yeah right, not at 4 bucks a gallon.


Anyways, we all had a great time. Hopefully we'll have lots more fun and less whining in the weeks ahead.


One more note from yesterday. I decided to wear shorts because of the high heat we had. Any who knows me well, knows that is very unusual. I wear jeans all year round; always have. Well, in my attempt to have a little color on my legs so I won't loook like a ghost in a swim suit this summer I skipped the sun block on my legs. Well, I have color......it's red. OUCH!

No comments: