Hello everybody. Or nobody as the case may be most of the time. I just needed to get this down on paper.
Today, a tradegy occurred on a college campus just a half an hour drive from here. An armed coward walked into a lecture hall and killed innocent people before taking his own life. I do know atleast one person who attends that school. While I am relieved to know she is okay, I am feeling very unsettled right now; which is usually the case after things like this.
You see, 7 years ago, almost to the date, my husband's workplace had a similar incident takeplace. A crazed man killed 4 people and injured 4 others. My husband actually crossed paths with him and walked away unharmed. It was a miracle in my humble opinion. Because of that incident, I feel panic whenever another news story involves a shooting. I remember how I felt waiting for him to come home, so I could really know he was okay. It was horrible.
My heart goes out to those who are now suffering through those emotions. I pray that theirs will not linger, but I also know that time will most likely dull the fear rather than make it disappear.
No comments:
Post a Comment